« Home | I have an amazing picture of old men talking in th... » | Toilet Paper » | C. S. Lewis » | I had to go to the bathroom, so Daive took over fo... » | She may not be ferocious, but she plays a mean gam... » | Arm Fondler in the Park » | So I wrote a letter this weekend to my school and ... » | Bethany's Tribute to her Dad » | In Memory of Dr. Donald Dunlap » | I found out the news about Bethany's dad on Friday... » 

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 

Blar

I woke up to go to the bathroom or maybe because I felt that my hands were dry and needed lotion. Regardless, I thought the sensation in my gut was being hungry...I didn't eat much for dinner. However, upon further reflection I think I am in puke-preparation. And frankly, that's NO fun at all. Kylie spent Monday night barfing, and Donovan felt barfy all day today, so given the close quarters we share at work, I guess it was really just a matter of time. I hate throwing up. I remember in philosophy class how difficult it was for my mind to grasp the theory that movement is impossible...but as I was trying to get comfortable in bed a few minutes ago, it became real to me in a whole new way. Every time I moved I felt more sick...but never could get comfy. So I'm blogging in an attempt to distract myself from the nausea. Sad to say it's not working.

While I'm here though, I might as well share a story from my day. I got a new fourth grade class at the beginning of this month that consists of two students. It's a very low level class, but the kids are both really sweet. There is one girl and one boy. The girl...(how to say this delicately?) has some kind of issue...I dunno what...but it'll suffice to say that her hand often is in a place a person's hand shouldn't be (not in public, anyway and certainly not in the middle of class). I heard all about this from the other teachers, but was pleasantly surprised to find that it wasn't an issue for me. That is, until yesterday. And the thing is, it's her right hand, so it's the hand she writes with and touches ME with. So yesterday just before we started the worksheet (which would obviously require writing) this is what I said, "Umm...okay, Teacher needs to wash her hands, so let's all go to the bathroom and wash our hands!" So the three of us head to the bathroom, where I stand at the door giving helpful suggestions such as, "Use the orange bar, it's the best!" (Dial antibacterial soap) "You should wash your hands at least FIVE times a day, and ALWAYS after you use the bathroom!" Hand washing here is slightly different than at home, which is something I can usually cope with...but there's only so much this slightly OCD girl can handle. I talked to one of the Korean teachers, and she basically reiterated that it's such a "sensitive" issue that there probably isn't anything they can do about it (as in, tell her parents...even though she's 11 years old and has been doing this consistently for months at least), so I told her that was fine with me, but to expect my class with them to be interrupted with mandatory hand-washings as needed.

I do feel less nauseous now...off to sleep (hopefully).

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health