« Home | Toilet Paper » | C. S. Lewis » | I had to go to the bathroom, so Daive took over fo... » | She may not be ferocious, but she plays a mean gam... » | Arm Fondler in the Park » | So I wrote a letter this weekend to my school and ... » | Bethany's Tribute to her Dad » | In Memory of Dr. Donald Dunlap » | I found out the news about Bethany's dad on Friday... » | Now, the culture tidbit of the day is that tact, a... » 

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 

I have an amazing picture of old men talking in this characteristic squat which will lead me to then discuss the amazing differences in flexibility between native Asians (hope that's as unoffensive as possible, I did try hard) and...most of the rest of the world, BUT my computer is being at least slightly stupid, and I'm tired, so I'm going to bed right now. I also have a great picture of a squat pot, which will lead me to tell the story that spawned the idea of the "squat pot spotter" (right now, say it 10 times fast). But alas...another day, I promise.

In other quick news, I got a package today from Haley and it was AMAZING. She sent me benadryl (which is the drug of choice as a Daive-sedative when needed), smell-good spray, a shirt for me, a sweater for the dog that looks GREAT (you've seen the pictures, you know most colors just don't work for her), dog treats, and even a bag of treats and a toy for the cat (in her letter she wrote "even bad cats play"). AND (drumroll please) a pair of Crocs! My life just went to a whole new level. I've been sporting a few pair of generic (extremely generic) croc-type shoes that are soft and cushy and lightweight like Crocs, but unlike Crocs, are not slip-resistant, and built the bottom of the shoe with a suction cup like thing to help keep your balance on wet and/or slippery surfaces. The shoes, while comfy, are dangerous (nearly taken a few bad falls in them) and embarrassing on wet days, as I walk down the street making nearly-obscene noises because of the suction-thingy. In dry weather though, I call them my superhero shoes, cause it sounds like I could walk up a building in them. Overall though, they're pretty crappy. The actual Crocs exceed all my expectations.

Also watched Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy with Kylie and Donovan tonight. Anyone else seen the movie and read the book? If so, what'd you think? I thought it was a little choppy, but that's probably just because you can't fit five books into a movie...and the books have so much great and hilarious stuff in them. It was a good movie though...better than I expected. And now, off to bed for real. Night all.

Hooray for Crocs! We got ours at about the same time! What style/color did you get?

Beach style...and I think they're....emerald, maybe? It's good cause my cheapo not-Crocs are an olive/Army green color, and I had asked Haley to get me sage, which would've been too close. Are you lovin your light blue ones?

I've considered purchasing a pair of Croc's - but I figured that my feet would sweat the entire time I had them on. What's the verdict?

I actually haven't worn the real Crocs without socks...but I have worn the fake ones without socks and it's not altogether pleasant. However, I prefer socks anyway...and it doesn't look TOO dorky, and it's worth it for how comfortable they are, socks or not.

I have yet to wear mine WITH socks-my feet get a little sweaty, but the shoes are treated to prevent stink-foot and all the holes make for pretty breezy feet. I wore mine to a band rehearsal last week out on the driver's ed range and it sort of evened out-I wasn't uncomfortable at all.

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health