« Home | Wanted to sleep in to cut down on time to worry, b... » | And so tomorrow is the dreaded day. I'll have five... » | Okay...I should already be asleep, so this will be... » | I attempted to copy and paste the message I got wh... » | Google Talk, will you marry me » | And now...for the highlight of my evening...I just... » | Today was the last day of the summer intensive. We... » | Rickie has started a discussion about tattoos and ... » | I should be in bed right now, but I'm not. I tried... » | An anniversary of sorts » 

Saturday, September 03, 2005 

The open class went well. It went fair, anyway. Instead of six students, I only had five. The one who couldn't come was the second smartest...go figure. But the parents seemed nice...all three times I looked at them. I took the Korean coordinator's advice and pretended like they weren't there. I only forgot one small thing, but it wasn't so important. Our boss had invited us (the native teachers) to go out to lunch after the open classes. She said it was close...and I interpreted that to mean in a nearby neighborhood. She meant close as in, in this portion of the country. (Korea's not a big place, but still.) Not only did it take awhile to get there in the first place, she got bad directions, so it ended up taking an hour and a half. I always get car sick when she drives too, so it was just a bad combination. Then they told me during lunch, just off-handedly (is that really a phrase?) that they were adding three more kids to my K-6 class (the one of three/four year olds). That would bring the number up to seven, and she promised me when she gave me the class it would never have more than five students. I reminded her of this and she said, "Yes, but..." and that was it. I just stared at her as she tried to rationalize and laugh it off...they think if they say "I'm sorry," and laugh that whatever they're apologizing for is okay. But yet when they continue to break promises, it proves to me that the words "I'm sorry" is nothing more than a manipulative tool used to pacify us. So Monday, I'm going to tell her that. I'm going to maybe make a bit of a fuss. But I think it's a fuss that needs to be made.

Okay, that's all. When we got back from having lunch with the boss (ahem, arriving back home at 7:00 PM), Kylie and I played Skip-Bo for about two hours. It sounds slightly nerdy as I write this, but it was VERY fun. Loads of fun. That Kylie, she's a great girl.

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health