« Home | Google Talk, will you marry me » | And now...for the highlight of my evening...I just... » | Today was the last day of the summer intensive. We... » | Rickie has started a discussion about tattoos and ... » | I should be in bed right now, but I'm not. I tried... » | An anniversary of sorts » | From the newspaper today:The Korea Consumer Protec... » | My Vacation » | Ironic, if you ask me » | A famous cultural place Peter took me to - I can't... » 

Saturday, August 27, 2005 

I attempted to copy and paste the message I got when I signed into Yahoo messenger from wonderful and fabulous Dr. Fazio, but I did something wrong, so it didn't work. The message though, was telling me that the package she sent to Israel for me last November just arrived at her place in Oregon. It took a whopping nine months, but the package went from Alabama, to Israel, back to Alabama, then to California, then to Oregon. Wow.

Since it seems to be the day for talking with long-semi-lost friends, I'll share also that I got to talk to Jessica Faircloth on the phone last night for over an hour. It was wonderful - the last time we talked was in February before her twin girls were born. They were down for a nap when I called, so we got to catch up. She is an extremely interesting person and she's had a remarkable life. And now she's the mother of six-month old twins. She and Mary (my cousin, also with twin girls) are both deserving of superhero status if you ask me.

And on a completely random note, do any of you cat-owners out there have a problem with your cat trying to drink out of the toilet? I've known plenty of dogs that do that, but never cats. I realized that's why Claude fell in the toilet earlier in the week. I always try to keep the lid down, but if I ever forget, he ignores his water dish and goes straight for the toilet water. And that's really just kind of gross. You know though, if the toilet is properly flushed, I have no problem sticking my hand in to get out the bottle, brush, or Bethany's make-up that fell in (that used to happen all the time when we lived together in the Ghetto). I would, of course, wash both my hands and said item quite well (with antibacterial soap, too). But some people absolutely refuse to go toilet-diving in a clean bowl. I understand it's a dirty place, but I think there's a good chance you touch a lot of equally disgusting things throughout the day without knowing it (especially if you work with kids or animals). And that's my deep thought for the day. A little sad, eh? Ah well...I have to go clean. Jenny is coming over later to give me a Korean lesson (and she's allergic to cats so I have to rid my apartment of cat-ness...or at least try.

oh the days...toilet flooding, giant spider killing, and yes, digging my make-up out of the toilet-gone are the carefree days of living in the place where the living was easy...
-Bethany

Your flushed toilet is probably cleaner than your kitchen sink...or something. ;-)

^^^ Mine isn't so big...it's a wonder he doesn't drown. (Insert evil thought here.) In any case, about your drinking habits...yuck.

^^Beth, it's true. I was just telling Kylie the other day about the creamed corn fight. Ahh...those were the days. :) (I totally won.)

and as for you anonymous, I watched that Oprah show too (maybe even with you?)

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health