« Home | I went to sleep at 2 AM and got up at 9:30. That's... » | You have just got to see this...and please feed hi... » | One of my K-7 students had been absent for over a ... » | It's weird how used you can get to not knowing wha... » | A leisurely squatThe point of this picture is to s... » | Always face the splash guard...it's there for a re... » | BlarI woke up to go to the bathroom or maybe becau... » | I have an amazing picture of old men talking in th... » | Toilet Paper » | C. S. Lewis » 

Sunday, October 02, 2005 

Fireworks and the small multi-colored strands of Christmas lights are two things that make me instantly happy. Conveniently I live near a small amusement park that has fireworks shows throughout the summer, a portion of which can be seen by leaning out my window. They had a show tonight too, bigger than the others (maybe because tomorrow is some kind of holiday) and I was able to lean further (farther? I hate grammar.) out the window since I rearranged and my bed is now under it. It was quite nice. Plus it's actually autumn here - cool enough tonight that I took Daive for a walk with her in her new sweater (courtesy of Haley, pics to follow at some point) and me wearing a sweatshirt. We sat on a bench in the park for awhile, but she got so cold that she started to shiver, and I was cooler than is comfortable so we came home.

Church today was amazing - prayer before with the other members of the Welcoming Team, bought the only John Piper book I've seen on sale in this country in the bookstore, amazing sermon, Women's Space afterwards.

Other highlights of the weekend include:
- Me taking the cat to the vet, against all wisdom and common sense, without a carrier (and nearly having my throat slit and shoulder ripped open in the process) - he got his first shot (I'm a bad cat owner, it's way overdue) and I made the appointment for the dreaded surgery. Next Friday he'll be getting neutered and declawed. He didn't seem too excited about it, but he doesn't have much choice in the matter.
- Learning how to play a one-person version of Uno
- Buying a deck of cards to have something to do
- Listening to part of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and a Harry Potter audio book while playing said card games

I did have a two hour lunch with my boss yesterday which wasn't nearly as painful as I expected it to be, where I did come out and agree to extend my contract for another three months. Of course she thinks that is dependent on what they're willing to pay me, but the reality is that to save enough money to move back to the States in a wise and responsible manner, I need to stay at least three months past January.

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health