« Home | You have just got to see this...and please feed hi... » | One of my K-7 students had been absent for over a ... » | It's weird how used you can get to not knowing wha... » | A leisurely squatThe point of this picture is to s... » | Always face the splash guard...it's there for a re... » | BlarI woke up to go to the bathroom or maybe becau... » | I have an amazing picture of old men talking in th... » | Toilet Paper » | C. S. Lewis » | I had to go to the bathroom, so Daive took over fo... » 

Saturday, October 01, 2005 


I went to sleep at 2 AM and got up at 9:30. That's very unusual for me. I am a sleeper...I sleep for long periods of time usually. It's good I got up early, makes me feel productive. But it's a little strange.

So since 9:30 I've been sitting at my computer, trying to harness my mental capabilities to produce coherent thoughts to put in an email to my cousin Mary who, as an aside, has always been an inspiration to me (the reason those airmail envelopes make me feel happy inside), and recently wrote me one of the most helpful, wise, and encouraging emails ever. Anyway, I'm having a hard time producing coherent thoughts, and thought some fresh air might help. I opened the window, only to be overwhelmed by fumes from the trucks in the street. Someone is moving out of a building on my street, and the way you move into or out of a Korean apartment is unique. Korea is a very small place, as far as land goes, so they conserve space. The stairways are quite small, and it's not really possible to get furniture up them (Kylie and I struggled a chair up, but nearly lost a few digits in the process). So they have a truck with an extendable arm and a platform. They line the truck up to the big window in the apartment, put boxes/furniture on the platform, and zoom the platform up to the window. I even found a picture for your viewing pleasure. The trucks in this picture are misleading though...only a decent-sized family would have that many possessions.

Did I mention that I'm having lunch with my boss today? Just me and her. That should be interesting. Could be bad. We'll see how it goes. I think I'm going to go lay down and read for awhile.

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health