« Home | We took these for the personal ad he's gonna run i... » | My Sister, the Easter Bunny » | It's not ALL bad » | Yellow dust » | You know you're in a Korean buffet restaurant when... » | Home sweet indistinguishable from the next home... » | Oh, for the faith of a four year old... » | Found » | Like losing an arm or something... » | We are not necessarily doubting that God will ... » 

Thursday, April 13, 2006 

I could be sleeping right now...

Tuesdays and Thursdays at the hagwon (elementary-level academy part) are pretty quiet. Tuesday I was sick, and was sent home to take a rest (Konglish phrase). Today I've held out the whole day (surprisingly), but was told to go lay down in one of the classrooms and rest. So right now I could be sleeping. But I'm not. I was browsing about on myspace - a dangerous (and as Jen has pointed out, oh-so trendy) addiction. It's interesting the information you can piece together about people you know but don't talk to, given what they blog about and the comments people leave for them (or they leave for people). That leads me to a rant on how the technological world has redefined what could be considered stalking. But I won't go there now. Too tired and sick.

Did I mention that I went to the doctor yesterday? Lungs are doing poorly - he gave me an injection of steroids, the purpose of which I have forgotten, as well as steroids in a pill form to take, and cough syrup. I assumed that, being Korean, the cough syrup would taste at least one million times worse than States-side cough syrup, but it was equally nauseating. Anyway, he said I have near-pneumonia. That if I'm not careful, it could get worse and I could be in a tight spot (I just watched O Brother, Where Art Thou?).

Since this is the post of randomness (inspired, I'd like to think, by whatever is in that cough syrup) I'll keep on. Kylie bought me Bible Trivia for my birthday. The super old game (1984, I believe). We had one growing up - but we obviously had the children's edition. I remember being good at the questions. And the questions that came with this game...holy cow, made me stop and wonder if I really do have a degree in theology. Some of the questions are so obviously dispensational though, it's humorous. One question was about a super-computer capable of recording every person's blah blah blah...I forget how it ended. I was like, "Riiiight." I skipped that one. Anyway, this Bible Trivia game has awakened (reawakened?) in me the desire for a significant other. A guy that would love my dog, have a heart for missions, and love playing Bible Trivia. Is that so much to ask? At the moment, it obviously it. And I'm trying to be okay with that. But (shhh, this part is SUPER secret) I think that thing inside a woman that starts to tick (ahem...biological clock) ticked it's first tick the other day. It was at the kindergarten, and this adorable and usually great little boy (Western age: 3 or 4) crawled onto my lap just to be held because he was tired. I was holding him, and something inside of me was like, "Yeah, this is one of those things you were made for." Not this specific boy, of course, because that would be kidnapping - international kidnapping at that, which has to be more serious than plain old regular kidnapping. As usual though, I'm getting off the topic. I'm only 25, and I understand that's young. I'm not in a rush to be in a relationship, get married, or have kids. I'm not even sure if that's in the cards for me, and I think that ultimately I'd be okay with it if it weren't. I guess I'd just like to know. And I guess faith is what I need - that I will know when it's the right time to know, you know?

In the meanwhile though, if any of the 4 people that read my blog know of any missions-minded, dog-loving, Bible-Trivia-playing single men out there...for the love of Pete, don't tell me. :) Now I'm gonna take a quick nap before my 4:30 class. Until later...

Don't let the tick-tick of the clock distract you. Whatever you "don't" have always seems to be SO much better, whether it's kids or a husband. And with the steroids to exacerbate everything..oh my! Stay strong! Get well soon...Love and hugs GA mom

If you ever come back to the States you should probably see a real doctor... ;)

"There's a sad sort of clanging from the clock in the hall, and the bells in the steeple too...

And up in the nursery an absurd little bird is popping out to say 'cuckoo'"

LOL - sorry - anytime I hear anything about a click ticking I think about this song from The Sound Of Music. And the fact that you were doped up on drugs made the cuckoo part fit even better! Love ya!

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health