« Home | Okay, so I'm moved in. It started out being a rath... » | Yay!!! » | Yeah...still sick... » | The Empiest Day (think Caedmon's Call song/chorus) » | This is long and I don't care » | I know, this is a horrible generalization and gene... » | My dog and I both have digestion difficulties whil... » | A Confession... » | My new Bible! » | Tonight I went to a bar... » 

Sunday, July 30, 2006 

Thank the Lord

Well, camp is over. The teaching was fine. The weather was awful. The stairs...I do not know of a strong enough word to describe just how horrid those stairs were. The only stairs I have ever climbed that were worse were the stairs on the Great Wall. And those were made in ancient times...so far as I know, the stairs at the training center in 총 주 had no such excuse. (And for all of you in the States, that was a random Korean word that I know won't show up on your computers. Easier than typing the English version.)

I don't have internet in my new apartment yet, so I'm at a PC room with my dear friend Pamela from church. We met up for dinner tonight, and I realized how absolutely necessary the time with her has been - it's been awhile since I've spoken to someone besides Korean children, or other teachers frazzled to various degrees about Korean children or about English camp. It was nice to have dinner and just talk about whatever.

I don't have the final word yet, but I'm pretty sure my plane ticket has been purchased. If I understand correctly (which is SO not a sure thing) I should be flying out (and, with the time change, also arriving) on either August 26 or 27. I am getting unbelievably excited about it. There's so many people I can't wait to see, so much food I can't wait to eat, and so much I can't wait to buy. It's going to be a very strange experience being surrounded by other Americans and hearing English everywhere. I think it's going to be quite disorientating (is that even a word???).

Teresa!!! I will be home August 30 through September 4th. Well, I'm flying down the night of the 30th and flying out the morning of the 4th, so I guess I shouldnt count them, but I do. I would LOVE to see you and I am sure that my parents would love to see you too. Just let me know if you will have any time or not. Love ya!

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health