« Home | This is long and I don't care » | I know, this is a horrible generalization and gene... » | My dog and I both have digestion difficulties whil... » | A Confession... » | My new Bible! » | Tonight I went to a bar... » | Long Awaited Book Pictures » | Life through my eyes » | Template change » | I really would like to change my template on here,... » 

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 

The Empiest Day (think Caedmon's Call song/chorus)

Monday, July 10, was, without a doubt, my worst day in Korea.

Thankfully it was only due to physical illness, and therefore involved mostly only myself. (When drama includes other people it inevitably takes much longer to be resolved.)

In fact, it was such a unbelievably awful day, it's almost hard to pick out the lowest point. Almost. No...wait, it's not hard at all. The lowest point was when I had to yell at the taxi driver to pull over so I could throw up on the side of the road, losing the only food I'd eaten in about 36 hours, and basically humiliating myself. All drama aside folks (which is rare for me, I know) it was one of the loneliest moments of my life - holding on to the handle on the back of the passenger seat for dear life, while praying nothing else gross happened in/from my body, puking on the side of this busy road in Seoul, all alone (companion-wise, there was, of course the taxi driver), and crying my poor eyes out.

Long story short I did not get better Sunday night as hoped. I visited two doctors yesterday, one in the morning and one towards the evening. I got an injection the first time, and IV fluids the second. Between the doctors and the taxis (necessary as opposed to a bus, for the obvious reason being I could yell at them to pull over when needed), I spent way too much money yesterday.

The kicker? I'm still sick. Though I can now keep food down, it's only just barely. I get super nauseous after I eat, I mean, to the point of hovering over the toilet bowl. But then there are other bad things going on in my body I won't even begin to discuss. I'm exhausted, running on very little energy, and sick to death of being on/over the toilet.

I do have to say that there are so many people who have been so kind and helpful while I've been so sick. I appreciate them all so much. And I hope they'll forgive me for not mentioning all the specific wonderful things they did and going straight to talking about how great my dog is. I figure it's different though...if any of my wonderful friends were following me around the apartment and kissing me while I was laying on the bathroom floor sick, I'd think they were extremely weird. But when the dog does it, it's quite endearing. She's such a good dog. My friends are good too, of course.

I hope you feel better soon!
I know how one's physical health can affect their mental health. It can be altogether miserable when you're that sick. But it'll be over soon I'm sure. I remember when I got this horrible stomach virus (possible food poisoning). I was on the couch for three days, feeling like someone was knifing around inside my stomach. It sucked. So anyway, I'll be praying you feel better soon.

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health