« Home | Airport Security Nightmares » | One more... » | Harry Potter and take-out » | Valerie and I » | Happy (early) Sisters Day! » | I've been getting really annoyed with my own indec... » | I just don't know » | I'm surprised that it's been over a week since I l... » | Happy 4th of July! » | Happy Canada Day! » 

Sunday, July 31, 2005 

Well, I'm back from China. I've been back since the wee hours of Saturday morning, but wasn't in a blogging mood. I'm actually still not, but thought I'd just pop on really quick to say that I am back, I had a thoroughly delightful time, got to visit with Peter (a friend from BCF), go to the Great Wall, and do lots of relaxing. I'm dreading work tomorrow...though I'm almost to the point of wanting to go back at the same time. (Contradictory, I know.) I also got my hair cut today - actually my first hair cut in a foreign country. I hadn't cut my hair at all in a year and a half...and it was quite long (especially for me). Now it's very short, and silly as it sounds, I feel like myself again. So both my new haircut and China reminded me just how comfortable the familiar can be. Being in China, where I know none of the language or culture made me quite thankful for Korea. It's not perfect here, and I don't know a whole lot of the language, but I still can understand an awful lot and communicate decently. The thought of starting over in a different country is just not at all appealing to me at the moment. I'd toyed with the idea of teaching English in China or Japan when my contract here expires, but am much more tempted now to stay in Korea another year (at least). We'll see. Anyway, I'm going to go read while I have the time to do so. And tomorrow, back to real life. I have heaps of stories and pictures to share from my vacation, but no time right now. Later, I promise.

Is Peter in China?

how is peter? that kid never writes me.

jared

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health