« Home | An absolutely adorable moment » | My shoes...the long-awaited update » | Highlights of my weekend: » | More about the pennies » | It's been a busy and hectic week. Here are some hi... » | It's snowing!!! » | In the past two weeks I have been to the doctor fo... » | My homeLook in the middle of the map, and you shou... » | Brother Yun » | Happy Thanksgiving!No turkey today...am looking fo... » 

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 

My dear Korean friend Jenny (her English name, of course) has been in the States for about three months now (translation: WAY too long). She called me about two weeks ago to get my address to send me a Christmas card. "Christmas card" translation: package for me, Kylie, and Donovan with a Christmas card and goodies from Old Navy! Yay!!! Hooray for Christmasy fleece pajama pants. Then today I received an emergency Christmas present/coping care package from Bethany who is, without a doubt, the most amazing person in the world. She has forbidden me to open it before Christmas morning, and I'm more than happy to comply. It'll be the only thing for me under my tree. (Everything else is for the animals.) I have the most amazing friends.

Speaking of the animals, the cat puked four times this morning and had to spend the day at the vet. An ultrasound later, it was determined it was just hairballs. (H, the ultrasound of two kidneys, and two other internal parts only cost 20,000 won which is 20 US dollars - amazing, is it not?) He went ahead and gave him his vaccination, and some hairball medicine.

Ohh...and yet another gross story. But seriously, this is really gross, so if you're easily offended/grossed out by bathroom humor, skip down a bit. (Incidentally, working at the vet developed my appreciation for poop humor. Before that, I found bathroom humor to be immature. Now I'm a selective bathroom humor appreciator.) Yesterday morning when I was walking Daive I noticed she was having some pooping issues. After she finished, I knew she was going to do the doggy wiping-butt where they scoot their butts on the ground and drag themselves by their front paws. Wisely, I refused to take her inside before she did this. Unwisely (on her part) she headed towards an icy patch. She narrowly (and I mean SERIOUSLY narrowly) escaped wiping her butt on the patch of ice. And, without giving unnecessary and disgusting details, allow me to assure you that in the condition her butt was in, it very likely would have stuck to the ice. Can you imagine that phone call to work? To the job that won't let ME take a sick day when I'M sick... "Um, yes, hello Ms. Lee. I can't teach my classes today because my dog glued her butt to the ice outside." It's gross, but the thought made me chuckle all morning and throughout most of the day yesterday and I thought I'd share.

That tops as the best dog poop story (or NEAR-story as it may be) EVER. Hands down. :)

agreed! try to get her to do it another day when you happen to have some spare time, a digi cam and a thermos of warm water.

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health