« Home | Highlights of my weekend: » | More about the pennies » | It's been a busy and hectic week. Here are some hi... » | It's snowing!!! » | In the past two weeks I have been to the doctor fo... » | My homeLook in the middle of the map, and you shou... » | Brother Yun » | Happy Thanksgiving!No turkey today...am looking fo... » | Korean Tact » | $5 Pop-Tarts » 

Sunday, December 18, 2005 

My shoes...the long-awaited update

I received a text message on Thursday telling me that my shoes were ready. I was very excited, but because of my work schedule wouldn't be able to get them until Saturday. And so yesterday I made my way over to that part of town to pick them up, really really excited about the whole thing. I got there, and they pulled out these shoes....the good news is that they look nothing like the tennis racquet-like things I feared they might look like. The bad news is...well, they remind me of the Wicked Witch of the West from the Wizard of Oz. I just tried to google her shoes, and maybe they look nothing like hers, but they do look similar to these costume witch's shoes. (Just make the toes square, not pointy, and take off the sparkly thing and you've got my shoes!) The style here is long square-toe shoes. I know nothing about fashion trends in the States, so those reading, please let me know if this horrible idea is popular over there too. It makes sense over here, because Korean women have such tiny feet, maybe with the long square toes it makes the shoes look bigger? Like less of a doll and more of "Don't mess with me or me and my square toe shoes will kick your butt"? I really don't know.

Back to the point...remember the drawing of my foot that they did? I have to wonder WHY they bothered because these shoes are T-I-N-Y. WAY too small for my feet width-wise, and maybe even a size too small length-wise. Not to mention that i has been ages since I've worn anything resembling a heel. So I wore the shoes out of the store (to be nice) and across the street where I bought socks to wear with the shoes I had worn to pick up the new and massively uncomfortable shoes. And in the seven-ish minutes I had the shoes on my feet, they made my heel bleed. I never did explain about the pointy toe thing though, did I? Anyway, given the respectable length of my feet already (a US size 10 for those of you who are wondering), this extra-long square toe thing is just an extremely bad idea.

The good news is that not all is lost. First, I will have to break them in before I can make a decision about them. I don't know when I can do this as I can barely walk in them and my heel is still raw and cut open at the moment. Second, I can take them to a shoe shop and get them stretched a bit, which HAS to help. After both of these steps are done, I think I will be able to wear them. And every female needs black dressy shoes. So it's okay. That is all.

why does this story not surprise me?

i don't want to pry, but please tell me you didn't pay a whole lot for the shoes!

^ No prying needed, I told all a few posts down. I paid 85 US dollars for the shoes. That's a lot of money. But do remember with my Godzilla feet I had no other options. I'm bound and determined to make them work somehow.

Maybe someone should just mail you some shoes??

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health