« Home | My dear Korean friend Jenny (her English name, of ... » | An absolutely adorable moment » | My shoes...the long-awaited update » | Highlights of my weekend: » | More about the pennies » | It's been a busy and hectic week. Here are some hi... » | It's snowing!!! » | In the past two weeks I have been to the doctor fo... » | My homeLook in the middle of the map, and you shou... » | Brother Yun » 

Friday, December 23, 2005 

Some Christmas Cards I Received Today

These are typed exactly as they are on the cards...punctuation, spelling, and grammar is untouched. I didn't put all the hearts and smileys in though...Korean kids at least are big on using hearts and smileys.

My favorite so far, from my student named Gloria:


Writteon on the outside of envelope: "I'm sorry I can't give you a present even a small one, but I can give you this Christmas card - it's so happy truth."
Then it's labeled "Christmas Card" in big letters
On the bottom, "I don't have brown pen." (I asked her about this and she said, "You like brown." Random. True, but I don't know if I've ever said that in that class.)

Inside of card (on the paper she taped over the Korean writing on the card):
"To: Teresa,
Hi - I'm Gloria.
I'm so glad to meet you. I like you very much. and thank you for teach me. Oh, It's Christmas. I like Christmas, you too? I like December, there are many birthdays, and Christmas and - vacation -

Teresa. I want to see your dog and cat. :) (Not In the picture) I (want) mean I want visit your house. but my mom and you don't allow me. :) (Maybe you can allow me :) It's my wish) !
I like you so much. If my mom and you allow me to visit your house, I want to go your home.

Teresa, please. :) But how can I went your home...I can't find in subway. that's too bad I think and It real.

I want you don't go other place and teach me all ways.

I like you.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

P.S.: I love you!

Next one, from another student in the same class:

To: TERESA

Hi! Teresa! I'm Nancy.
You teach me a lot of things during the lot of tim, so I'm so thanks for you.
When I meet you first, I feel awk-ward.
But! Now, I love you and If I can't see you, I'm so sad.
And, when you were sick, my mind is so sadness.
I want you are not sick.
AND....MERRY CHRISTMAS!
I don't know english...so!
I can't write letter for you very long...ok?
I'm very sorry...
GOOD BYE!
From: Clever Nancy

I got a few cards from some of my band kids, but certainly none as cute as that. You'll save those, won't you? :)

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health