« Home | Love Motels... » | Update » | Merry Christmas! » | Pointless Ramblings » | Some Christmas Cards I Received Today » | My dear Korean friend Jenny (her English name, of ... » | An absolutely adorable moment » | My shoes...the long-awaited update » | Highlights of my weekend: » | More about the pennies » 

Saturday, January 07, 2006 

Picture Central




The top two pics are of the girls from my fourth grade class. The one on the left shows them in their "rapping" pose. Do not ask me how a bunch of 11 year old Korean girls got infatuated with rapping (their "rap" being what they say at the end of every song we do in class, as follows: yo, yo, check it out, yo, everybody dance now, yo, oh baby).

And then there's Joey. It's not a great picture, but he is easy the cutest little Korean boy I've ever seen him. He's adorable, has one of the best little-kid laughs I've ever heard, and is amazingly smart. He's one of the four-year olds. His class started this game where one of them will look at me and say, "Hello lion!" (They started this after our unit on animals.) Then they started saying, "Hello TER," and cracking up laughing. So I would look around, shrug my shoulders, and say, "Who is TER???" And from that game they learned the difference between me/you...which is pretty dang good as I have some 9 year olds that can't quite get it. Then one day when we were playing this game while we were coloring, Joey looked up at me and said, "What's your name?" I laughed and said, "My name is Teresa." He said, "No...hangul, what's your name?" (Hangul = Korean word for Korean) He was asking what my Korean name was. Awww....he's a cutie!

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health