« Home | Merry Christmas! » | Pointless Ramblings » | Some Christmas Cards I Received Today » | My dear Korean friend Jenny (her English name, of ... » | An absolutely adorable moment » | My shoes...the long-awaited update » | Highlights of my weekend: » | More about the pennies » | It's been a busy and hectic week. Here are some hi... » | It's snowing!!! » 

Friday, December 30, 2005 

Update

My cousin rocks....she sometimes comments on here, Mary, if you recall. Anyway, she's always been a hero of mine. She spent two years in Africa teaching music. I was in elementary school when she was doing this, and I remember the excitement when one of those red, white, and blue striped air-mail envelopes would come with my name on it. I even remember in one letter she drew for me a small picture comparing her with bangs and her without bangs (I had been complaining about how I was teased for having such a monstrously large forehead). Anyway, I spent the summer with her and her twin girls in DC in 2001....one of the turning points in my life. She's one of those people that seems to believe in everyone and see potential in everyone. She's very compassionate, and VERY wise. Anyway...I said all that to say this. Not only is she wise, kind, and compassionate, she's also extremely thoughtful and amazing. I received a package from her today that absolutely made my week. Home-made cookies (*drool*), donut holes from Krispy Kreme (*double drool*), pop-tarts (so thoughtful! oh yes, and *drool again*) a book I've been wanting to read for ages but just haven't bought for some reason, and the most amazing picture of her beautiful girls. It was awesome! It made me cry!

Speaking of crying...I watched The Chronicles of Narnia in the theater today (it just came out here)...and I cried like a baby. Like a B-A-B-Y, I tell you. What a great movie.

Also, I have big news (but unfortunately no time to elaborate): I found a new job to start in February! It's a great job. In fact, so great I was skeptical. But it's coming together, and I'm thrilled beyond belief. More to come about that later. The bad news is (and Bethany, I wanted to call and tell you this, but haven't been able to get ahold of you yet) that I have to postpone my trip to the States until the summer. The good news is that my new job will give me new weeks vacation in the summer, and two weeks vacation in the winter. That's pracically unheard of over here. Anyway...more on that later.

And last, a brief glimpse into my conversation with my sister about my nephew:

LdyLeaess: my child is entirely too impressionable
teresalynntucker: why do ya say that?
LdyLeaess: every commercial he sees is something we MUST have
LdyLeaess: he actually asked me the other day if we could switch to Geico
LdyLeaess: wtf?!
LdyLeaess: and now he asks because he thinks its funny

HAHA ROFL. I cannot believe Cam asked your sister if they could switch to Geico. HILARIOUS. totally made my otherwise depressing evening better.
-Bethany

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health