« Home | Some Christmas Cards I Received Today » | My dear Korean friend Jenny (her English name, of ... » | An absolutely adorable moment » | My shoes...the long-awaited update » | Highlights of my weekend: » | More about the pennies » | It's been a busy and hectic week. Here are some hi... » | It's snowing!!! » | In the past two weeks I have been to the doctor fo... » | My homeLook in the middle of the map, and you shou... » 

Friday, December 23, 2005 

Pointless Ramblings

Incidentally, the Gloria who wrote the first Christmas card below is probably my favorite student. She's the best student in my favorite class, and she's just delightful. She comes from the poorest family (which means they're still rather well off) and was only really accepted by the other students because of how smart she is.

A month or so ago she asked me if I could find a short English play. Ends up that she told her English teacher at her school-school that I could find them a short English play to do. Ditto on the Christmas songs in English. So they are having a concert/performance, and I told her to ask her teacher if I could come. I can go, and that will be next Thursday. It's during my holiday, but as it's not at JM, I'm more than happy to go.

Let's see...beyond that I received today a bottle of wine from one boss, a cake and pair of earrings from the other boss (the sister and brother of the mother that runs the school). Then on Thursday I got a gift from Mr. Lee's kids. He has two twin four-year old boys who are in my K-6 class. They're delightful little boys. Anyway, they delivered gifts to all of us on Thursday. I didn't open mine until after class, of course...and it's a good thing. It was a pink fur similar-to-a-scarf-but-not-really thing. Pink, I love. Having a warm neck in freezing cold weather, I love that too. But I'm really not big on fur. And knowing this family, I'm quite certain it's real fur. Kylie and I knew we had the same thing, and she was going to wait to open hers, but once I opened mine it was only a matter of what color hers was (a kind of mint green for those that care). I was just being stupid and wrapped it around my neck and fastened it really tight, made some dramatic and hoity-toity face, and flipped what little hair I have....just me typically being stupid. Then I tried to unfasten said fur thing and couldn't. The combination of it being wrapped rather snugly around my neck and that it was at one point alive made me nearly panic. Luckily, Kylie picked up on the about-to-freak-out vibe I was sending and helped me. Tonight when we were leaving dinner and I was having a hard time getting my scarf wrapped around me correctly Donovan said, "So where's your pelt?" It took me an embarrassingly long time to get the joke, but once I did I laughed for awhile. Then, as an experiment, I wore it to the store when I was walking Daive/going on a diet coke run...and I have to admit, it kept my neck rather warm. However, it sheds severely (though so does my non-fur scarf) and my black pea coat is looking rather worse for wear at the moment because of it. So I don't know. This is such a pointless ramble.

Gonna go now. Merry Christmas Eve Eve!

Merry Christmas Resa!!! Glad to hear that everything is going good. I shared your Christmas Cards with my WHOLE family here in Gainesville. I'll never forget the cards/letters I recieved from the students from China! Oh so cute!

Meg

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health