« Home | One more thing... » | My sister Valerie... » | Yesterday I fell down... » | I'm still sick. I don't seem to be getting better,... » | I could be sleeping right now... » | We took these for the personal ad he's gonna run i... » | My Sister, the Easter Bunny » | It's not ALL bad » | Yellow dust » | You know you're in a Korean buffet restaurant when... » 

Saturday, April 29, 2006 

The End of an Era

As I type this, Kylie and Donovan are on a very large plane, headed towards North America. They left this afternoon. It's a strange feeling. First of all, of course I'm going to miss them. But it's also more than that. It's like at college, the first time someone you were close with graduated and moved away. There have been many people I've known that have left Korea, but Kylie and Donovan are the first close friends I've had that have left. It's one of the marks of being a "long-termer" here, to see off close friends. Being here more than a year makes me a long-termer - a status that has both advantages (understanding more of the culture, speaking at least a little of the language) and disadvantages (people leaving). Anyway - here's to Kylie and Donovan! I cannot imagine what my experience in Korea would have been like without you. And beware! You're not shed of me yet! You are still required to visit Florida, and at some point I will be visiting Canada...for a certain specific event. I love you guys! Happy Canada! (Kylie, eat some food on my behalf, okay?)

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health