« Home | Stuff On My Cat » | Today has been a very weird day for me. I think it... » | Well...Yeah. Honestly, I feel like I'm at my break... » | My vacation: August 29 - September 11 (I know, REA... » | I'm in one of those annoyingly introspective/philo... » | I still don't have internet in my apartment yet. I... » | Thank the Lord » | Okay, so I'm moved in. It started out being a rath... » | Yay!!! » | Yeah...still sick... » 

Monday, August 14, 2006 

Happy 2 year anniversary to me

So late Saturday night, as I was walking home from the PC room where I posted, I stopped at the 7-11 to get something to drink. I stood there in front of the refrigerated part, looking for something I wanted. And I found...nothing. There was a huge whole section of drinks that are good for you for many different reasons - some are vitamin C drinks, some ginseng, some barley, etc. etc. And as I was standing there in the 7-11, my eyes filled with tears. You know why? Partly, because I knew that if I was in the US, I could have found something I wanted. And partly because in roughly 15 days, I'm going to be in the States, and be absolutely overwhelmed. When I went home, I was just thinking about how strange it's all going to be. And I kid you not, just thinking about how easy and convenient it will be to go to Wal-Mart and shop, and all the things I'll see that I haven't seen and have wanted so badly for such a long time - I started to cry. Lest you think I've lost my mind or have gone absolutely over the top in drama, let me also share with you that today is the 2-year anniversary of my depature from the dear old USA. I've been gone for TWO YEARS. In the big picture, I know that's not long. But in the small picture of wanting to be able to function in my home culture and language, it's a LONG time. So I'm getting more and more excited.

And that's all for now. I tried to eat lunch at my job's cafeteria today, and the food was too hot or too squid. :) So I need to go get a snack. Later, yall!

(snicker)...too squid. I was going to ask if you meant 'hot' as in temperature or spicy, but the squid thing threw me. Are you still insisting that we go eat Korean while you're here? Cuz the description of "too squid" is quite unappetizing to me. :)

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health