« Home | Grief and Death » | So I'm for sure leaving February/March. I'm going ... » | A few interesting facts... » | Our Very Korean American Thanksgiving » | My cat is James Bond » | Shopping here stresses me out » | You gotta love living in a country where when some... » | I have to take a moment to express that I have an ... » | No, seriously... » | Spam (Spam, spam, spam, spam...from Monty Python -... » 

Wednesday, December 06, 2006 

Edit: I started this post yesterday, as you'll read in just a moment.


I've reached an all-time low. I'm actually blogging in class. That might not be so bad, if it weren't for the rather insignificant fact that I am the teacher. This is the conversation class, and I have them playing a speaking game. It's running like a well-oiled machine.

*Scoff*

Of my seven students, four started playing a game entirely independent of me and my directions, and are currently ignoring me most thoroughly. I could make them pay attention, but there's not much point.

This is as far as I got in my class. See? I wasn't being SO bad.

I know that what I typed above sounds indifferent...the thing is, that's pretty much how I feel. I hate to admit it, both out loud and to myself, but it's the truth. I'm weary of this job. I'm weary of the unrealistic expectations peculiar to this job. I'm a bit tired of being a human jungle gym, but it would take more energy to get the children to STOP climbing all over me than it does to just sit there and silently remind myself that I have less than 3 months remaining.

Even though so many aspects of moving back to the States are quite scary to me (99.9% of them relating to money), I know I'm ready. It's time. It's SO time. It's the whole senior-itis thing. When the end is in sight, seems like sometimes there is less motivation.

I could spew forth a fair amount of negativity right now, but I'll try to contain myself. It's not that I hate it here, it's just that there are quite a few recurring things/issues/problems that are particularly irritating today, it seems.

Anyway, going to go do some work.

I have diagnosed you with STD...'short timers disease'. Everybody gets the exact same symptoms when a decision has been made to leave a job. Face each day as a countdown to the USA, put one foot in front of the other and go forward. Only a few hours in each day.. Stay strong!! Love, GA mom

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health