« Home | Our Very Korean American Thanksgiving » | My cat is James Bond » | Shopping here stresses me out » | You gotta love living in a country where when some... » | I have to take a moment to express that I have an ... » | No, seriously... » | Spam (Spam, spam, spam, spam...from Monty Python -... » | Two Hilarious Things » | There are two printers in our office. To say that ... » | I'll be home for Christmas... » 

Tuesday, November 28, 2006 

A few interesting facts...

When grapes get old...like REALLY really old, they can start to smell like black olives. That's just gross.

I broke up with MyungHo last Tuesday. He spent a portion of the next three or four evenings parked in his car outside of my apartment. I only knew because he told me. It freaked me out a bit even though I KNOW that he is totally harmless. I was talking to a Korean friend of mine today and she said that Korean women like that. Korean women like to see their love-sick ex-guys sitting outside their apartments even when they are leaving and going somewhere with their friends. They think it's sweet. I tried to explain that American women would think it was stalking. I don't think she understood.

It was cold and rainy yesterday. Because I'm slightly dense, I had left both of my umbrellas at work. I bought one...and the cheapest one I could find was $10! And THEN I couldn't figure out how to close it. And I know I have my flighty moments, but I'm not that dumb. The first time I just struggled through it. The second time I attempted to close it, I sliced open my index finger in two places. Needless to say, I didn't use the umbrella again. Anyone need a $10 pink automatic umbrella that is smarter than me? Yeah...just let me know.

I just went in my room and started a CD. It's the Blind Boys of Alabama Christmas CD. The first song on the CD starts off with some talking. I'm alone in the apartment right now. And so when I heard talking, deep man-voice talking especially, coming from my dark supposed-to-be-empty room behind me, I very temporarily freaked out - which is dumb, cause I went in there just to play the CD. Anyway, it startled me so much that I jumped, which also startled me. I'm so irritatingly jumpy.

Okay, so I have a cold right now. I went to the 7-11 store near the kindergarten this morning to get some candy to bribe the children with, as I barely had a voice. The lady that works there is my friend, and we manage to eeke out some kind of communication between the two of us. She is such a very delightfully kind lady. Anyway, I got some Halls, candy for the kids, and a diet coke (duh, right). Then she ran back and got me this hot bottle of stuff...it was oriental medicine. She told me drink it right away. I knew what it was...I had tried it before. This stuff tastes A-W-F-U-L. I mean, off the top of my head, I'd say spoiled barbecue sauce and icky soy sauce and something else gross too. I mean, just nasty. It does help, though. (At least it did the first time I tried it.) The only thing is, you have to drink the whole bottle. And I'm sorry, but that's just not realistic. Swallowing 2 tbps of Nyquil/Dayquil isn't even a sure thing for me. For the longest time, I had to take it standing in front of the toilet in case I puked. All liquid medicines make me gag. Well, this stuff...I got about 1/3 of it down. I had an audience by that time, of the Korean teachers sitting in the office. So I said I needed to go into the bathroom to finish it in case I gagged. Then I poured it down the toilet. That makes me laugh an evil little cackle of a laugh... one of the ridiculous things I can do to exert some small measure of control in my life here.

Anyway, that's all. Just thought I'd share. And, just for free, I hate talking-music. I also don't like the song "Little Drummer Boy." Combine the two, and it's laughable. Especially when the guy sing-talking sounds like Barry White.

It's good to see that ADD runs in our family. :) I LOL at the man talking from your room...very funny. And the passive aggressive medicine-taking/flushing was quite a hoot, too. Hee!! You made my night!

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health