« Home | Two Hilarious Things » | There are two printers in our office. To say that ... » | I'll be home for Christmas... » | Time for a change... » | Stop the world.Harry Connick, Jr. has a new Christ... » | All I know is that if that was the heater that jus... » | A Perfect Sunday » | I was supposed to meet my counselor at Starbuck's ... » | flowers of death, frogs, and other misc. thoughts ... » | Fall Into... » 

Monday, November 13, 2006 

Spam (Spam, spam, spam, spam...from Monty Python - thanks Adam!)

I'm not sure what this country has done to me. Last Friday night, I went to the store to get some stuff to make dinner. And what did I buy? Spam. I'm so serious. It was mild Spam. I mean, it said on the box "Mild Spam." And by that, I assumed they meant it would be only mildly disgusting. Ha. I'm a Spam hater. I have to make jokes about it even though I bought it. Anyway, I had some Spam (some of the many cans we received as a gift at Chuseok) at Adam and Beth's house a few weeks ago, and it was...not as revolting as I had expected it to be. So on Friday night I had a hankering for it (hankering is uber southern, but I'd rather admit to that than to say that I was craving Spam...somehow it makes a difference to me). It was all well and good till I tried to open it. When it slid out of the can, the sides were coated in this gross goo that was too much like the "gravy" that comes on top of canned dog food (and by "gravy" they mean "all the gross ingredients that rose to the top and then congealed), and it made a noise that is just too disgusting and awful to even try to describe. Lis was in the room, and in her words, watched it "splurch out of the can." She also saw my reaction...I cringed, shouted, and nearly cried. I know you (and by "you," I mean Adam) probably think I'm being dramatic, but seriously...it was a traumatic experience. And then the Spam ended up not being as tasty (or as mild) as I had hoped. All in all, a learning experience.

I like corn beef, and I've never had spam, but it sounds similar. I made corn beef and cabbage (which I guess is a more Irish dish) and my husband calls it my "dogfood and cabbage" and refuses to eat it.

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health