« Home | Edit: I started this post yesterday, as you'll rea... » | Grief and Death » | So I'm for sure leaving February/March. I'm going ... » | A few interesting facts... » | Our Very Korean American Thanksgiving » | My cat is James Bond » | Shopping here stresses me out » | You gotta love living in a country where when some... » | I have to take a moment to express that I have an ... » | No, seriously... » 

Wednesday, December 13, 2006 

I have so much to say...it's been awhile since I last posted.

Last Friday we made kimchi at the kindergarten. With the class of 5 year olds, I got to/had to help them some, and found the actual act of making kimchi rather enjoyable. I did not enjoy smelling like kimchi for the rest of the day, but at least I had fun getting that way.

The kindergarten kids are putting on a little skit in English for their parents before Christmas. It's a bit hectic and stressful, since this will all go down next Thursday (21), and we will only barely have enough time to get everything ready by then.

We got out assignments for the March issue of the devotional magazine I write for here, and I was assigned Matthew 23 and 24. Matthew 23 isn't so difficult, but seriously, Matthew 24? Thanks to Dr. Freeman and that OT Theology class where we studied that passage rather intensely, I am having a difficult time with these articles. There are three in Matthew 24, and I'm on the second. I know what I want to say for the last one, I'm just currently a little stuck on the whole "abomination of desolation" thing.

Okay...all of the above was actually written yesterday. I have since fnished all of the devotional articles and the movie review. Now I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to eat for lunch. (Aren't you thrilled to know all these insignificent details about my day?)

I do have some exciting news. I just reserved a ONE-WAY ticket to the US for February 28. Perhaps even MORE exciting, is that it will cost less than $1,000. Not a whole lot less, but every little bit counts, you know? What is probably MOST exciting is that the ticket will be one-way. One-way. Ahh...those words are like music to my ears.

And my roommate rocks. I just called her, and asked how she was. She said fine, then she said, "How are you? Hungry?" She's so telepathic! I was calling to get her to pick something up for me on her way back to the office. We watched the movie "Flushed Away" together on Sunday night, and then part of it last night...that movie is so funny. It's even funnier when the person you're watching with thinks it's funny. Those slugs...man, they make me laugh out loud every time I see them. Funny stuff.

Anyway, I suppose that's enough for now. I need to go pester my boss. He told me I can go ahead and reserve a ticket, but not to pay for it yet, until he makes sure it's okay for me to leave on February 28. I'm off to pester.

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health