« Home | Happy Birthday to Resa! » | Quotes too good not to share » | Thanks Haley! » | In a not-so-great mood (again - sorry) » | Yay! » | Eager, not obsessive » | I think I've had a personal breakthrough of sorts.... » | Some may not believe me » | I'm listening to Jay-Z and Linkin Park » | Things I've Thought About Today » 

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 


Haley's so amazing! I got this in my inbox today - it did MUCH to make my day! Really, today has been a great day. May I share?

First off, I figured out a foolproof way to predict the weather here. When I think or say to myself, "It's getting warm. I bet it won't be long before it's decent and nice outside," you can bet your bottom dollar that it will snow the next day. So far it's happened twice. But it was more snow (and more resilient snow) than I've seen since being here. Melissa took a picture of me standing in front of some snow-laden trees on our way to work this morning. I'll work on uploading those at some point.

Second, it was really just a good day. Lunch at work was not so appetizing, and though I am sick to death of being criticized for not liking Korean food, I'm not so sick of it that I'm willing to eat the food. I'm not actually sure if it is possible for me to get so sick of hearing about it that I eat the food. Anyway - one of my fourth graders ran into the teacher's room before our class time and was just standing there grinning at me. I wasn't paying much attention, and the little thought I did give to it, I just assumed that she had either just done something wrong or was about to do something wrong. When I walked into class a few minutes later, she nearly tackled me and half-yelled, "IS TOMORROW YOUR BIRTHDAY?!?!" (With that much enthusiasm exactly, I promies.) I answered yes, and asked her how she knew. It's a long random story (her brother saw a sign on a board in the teacher's room, and so on and so forth) and she said, "I have a gift for you!" She brought me a diet coke with a letter attached to it and a very cool pen. She pulled out the pen first, and I thought it was cool (I have a pen thing), but then one of the other students showed me that it has something similar to a scroll inside of it that can be pulled out and has some of the most random words and phrases translated from English to Korean. Random, but VERY cool (speaking as a person with a pen thing). But when she pulled out the Diet Coke bottle I just laughed - it was very sweet, and it was one of those small things that just makes your day.

Third, Melissa and I went to Baskin Robbins tonight. I nearly bit it on the ice more than once (to betray exactly how many times my life was in danger due to the combination of ice and my clumsiness would be far too embarrasing), but we finally made it there. I had the amazing experience of a cup of mint chocolate chip ice cream (which they didn't have in Israel, if I need to remind you). It was thoroughly delightful.

Did I ever mention that I made a sweater for Daive out of a hat I bought? It's one of the things I typed twice when blogger hated me. Okay, I just checked and didn't see any mention of the hat/sweater. It's one of those hats with the eat flaps and a flap above the forehead - it's quite cute. I don't know what I was thinking when I bought it though because, as we all know, my forehead...it's enormous. I was hoping the forehead flap would distract from the plain that is my forehead, but it just called more attention to it. So I wore the hat once or twice. Then I was struck with the inspiration that it might look perfect on Daive. I cut a hole on part of it, and it looks remarkable. It only looks like a a dog wearing a hat if you know beforehand that it's a hat. She had some problems with it today (she walked with us to Baskin Robbins). She kept on getting one of her front legs stuck up in it, so she was hobbling around on the ice - not safe for her. She bit it on the pedestrain-stair-crosswalk thingy a few times. I'll try to take a picture of it and post it here soon.

All in all, a great and memorable day. Ah yes, my virginal nerd pants-with-skirt plan was delayed by a day due to the snow. I'm going to attempt it tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes. I might lose my nerve.

Tomorrow I'm going to post about the education I received today about Korean gangsters. Very informative...it's amazing the things sixth graders can teach you. That's all for tonight though. Night all! Posted by Hello

Happy, happy, happy!
Birthday, birthday, birthday!
That was awfully sweet of that child to give you something; it is the little things in life we need to reflect back on sometimes, especially when things aren't going real great! I seem to have stablized out a little, and this new job has given me a new lease on life! Take care! Love ya!
Stupid Moment Girl

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health