« Home | The little things I miss (at least the ones I coul... » | Elegant. Theological. What else could you want in ... » | This is shaved Claude.A better picture, shows his... » | FYI... » | The End of an Era » | One more thing... » | My sister Valerie... » | Yesterday I fell down... » | I'm still sick. I don't seem to be getting better,... » | I could be sleeping right now... » 

Sunday, May 07, 2006 

For whatever reason, cover letters terrify me. They intimidate me. They wig me out. I just do not like them. I had never written one before, if you can believe that. Resume, no biggie. But cover letters? Eek. So I'm quitting my job, we all know that, right? Well the job I really want the most is a university job. It's the same university my roommate works at, but a different campus. Anyway, I've been planning on applying for this position. I was going to have my friends help me write a cover letter, that was the plan. Well I got an email today saying I should send in my application stuff ASAP. But still...no cover letter.

Not to mention that the job description absolutely terrified me. According to the requirements, I shouldn't even really be applying. I don't have an MA in anything, let alone a BA in Education. But...we'll see. If I even get to the "interview" stage of the process, I'll have to do a TEACHING DEMONSTRATION in front of the people interviewing me. TERRIFYING, I tell you.

The point of this post is not to confess my fears, though that would be an interesting post. It's to say that, I overcame my fear of cover letters and wrote one. I don't know if it's good or bad, but it's done, and sent. They process applicants in the order they're received, and I managed to work in that I know many of the current instructors. That, according to the hiring people themselves, is a bonus. So we'll see. This is the dream job. It's the kind of job I could stay at for awhile, which is what I'm looking for. We'll see. Pray for me, if you should think to. I need wisdom.

I'll be quitting my job at the end of June, that's when my roommate will be leaving Korea. Worry: Where will I live? Quitting my job. Worry: Where will I work? I'm notoriously bad with money. Worry: How will I survive financially? Enter Matthew 6:25-34.

I have a really hard time living out of faith rather than out of my own detailed, precise, "perfect" plans. Disclaimer: living by faith does not negate reason, nor does it mean living outside the realm of common sense. Living by faith includes all of life: mind, common sense, money, etc. That's really a whole different topic though, and the people I'm thinking about that would object to the first sentence in this paragraph are people I could discuss it with via email. So if you want me to explain the sentence in more detail, I will. But not here. I already took two benadryl, and am going to bed now. 6:30 comes too early here lately.

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health