« Home | Elegant. Theological. What else could you want in ... » | This is shaved Claude.A better picture, shows his... » | FYI... » | The End of an Era » | One more thing... » | My sister Valerie... » | Yesterday I fell down... » | I'm still sick. I don't seem to be getting better,... » | I could be sleeping right now... » | We took these for the personal ad he's gonna run i... » 

Thursday, May 04, 2006 

The little things I miss (at least the ones I could think of right now)

- Reading the back of a cereal box (or even cereal that doesn't cost an arm and a leg)
- Mindless TV in a language I know
- The way Wal-Mart in the States has medicines out so you can choose - here it's all behind the counter at pharmacies (in Israel too).
- Hair products - I stick with the imported stuff or what is labeled in English (I still don't know what "essence" is or what it does for your hair). Even if hair products are mostly fluff, just reading what the company SAYS that it can do for your hair is nice. I have a shelf of hair products, most of which are not usable, because there's no English, and you can't open it in the store and look at it.
- Reading the boring announcements posted up (especially the ones in my apt. building)
- Being able to order food without pointing and/or grunting

I'm not down at all, I was just reading the back of a (seriously overpriced) box of cereal my roommate bought, and realized how much I miss that. I guess I just miss English being the dominant language.

Nonetheless, I'm off to take a bath right now. I have tomorrow off thanks to Children's Day (think Mother or Father's day, only for kids). I'm staying up late and sleeping in...and looking forward to it an awful lot.

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health