« Home | I'm appalled at how long it has been since I last ... » | I love my MP3 player. » | For whatever reason, cover letters terrify me. The... » | The little things I miss (at least the ones I coul... » | Elegant. Theological. What else could you want in ... » | This is shaved Claude.A better picture, shows his... » | FYI... » | The End of an Era » | One more thing... » | My sister Valerie... » 

Sunday, May 28, 2006 

Friday was a tough day. I woke up around 5:00 with a killer headache (that shortly thereafter morphed into a vicious and evil migraine). Then I got all nauseous and crawled to the bathroom where I spent most of the next four hours, laying on the floor in the cool quiet darkness, waiting to puke. It was icky, to say the least. The really bad part in all of this was that I had an open class on Friday morning, as in the parents come and watch the class. This was a thing I absolutely could not miss...so I was just sprawled on the bathroom floor praying that God would give me the grace and strength to be able to go and do this class. He did...during the class I managed to not vomit on any of the children (which was the criteria I had set for it being a success) and Beth (who was there became it was Emma's class) said that she wouldn't have known I was sick if she hadn't already known. Then I came back home after the class to sleep for awhile with some more migraine medicine in my system, returned for my afternoon classes, and then came back to get Daive and take HER to the doctor.

Everyone else: feel free to skip this part unless you are actually and truly interested in the details of my dog's health. This is mostly for Haley. Anyway, the verdict is that she has two ear infections (not bad, but still) and butt issues. She's always had butt issues, but these were bad enough that the doctor said, "Wow." Of course Daive was *such* a good dog, even though the ear cleanings hurt since her ears were infected. So the doctor looked in her ears, cleaned them both, put medicine in them both, emptied her anal glands (three times! hence the "wow"), and we had a discussion about her teeth and how she's getting to the point where she needs to have them cleaned. The *only* thing she charged me for was for the prescription she gave me, and that was only 10 dollars. Of course I had to buy cat food, cat litter, and a toy for Daive, and then the vet gave me the two bags of cat litter for the price of one. It was definitely one of those "I love Korea!" moments. That kind of visit at Banfield would have been at least between $75-100. And everytime I go there, she gives me something free or a discount on something. Of course, I spend LOTS of money there, but that would almost never happen in the States.

Okay, end of the dog thing. In more news about me, I'm going to have to go to a dentist here and get fitted for a mouthguard - the thingy you wear at night and keep you from grinding your teeth. It's the whole teeth-grinding thing that gives me headaches, and the migraine on Friday. I'm a bit scared of Korean dentists though, based on the testimony of quite a few foreigners. But I'm just going for the orthodontic thing...so I'll be okay (hopefully). Anyway, I'm off to Costco today to get my necessary stockpile of cheese. Anyone want to volunteer the price of a block of cheddar cheese? I pay arond $9 at Costco, and I'm sure that's a lot...but I can't even begin to remember how much cheese costs in the States. Just curious. Anyway...have a good weekend!

what, they don't have cows over there?

I think a block of cheese is around $3.

Love ya,

-Bethany

Wow. See now, the whole anal glands thing is yet another reason I want a cat. Do all dogs have to have that done? Obviously I'm completely ignorant about this stuff.

AHHH....nothing like a good anal gland cleaning to make a dog feel better. My dog has it too and yeast in her ears. Yuck! Hope your headaches get better. At least you are in the land of acupuncture. Hugs. Love, GA mom

^^^ One can only assume the cows are on a diet along with all the women in this country, and it has something to do with the size of the country, and how you just have to adapt in a country this small. (blah blah blah)

^^ Only some dogs have problems with their anal glands. They're supposed to empty when the dog poops, but my dog has defective anal glands. It's quite common to have to have them "manually" emptied, but it really just depends on the dog.

^I'm actually going to be visiting a Chinese medicine doctor (as they call them over here) this week, where I will probably be accupunctured (or whatever the past tense of that would be). I'll let you know how it goes!

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health