« Home | For whatever reason, cover letters terrify me. The... » | The little things I miss (at least the ones I coul... » | Elegant. Theological. What else could you want in ... » | This is shaved Claude.A better picture, shows his... » | FYI... » | The End of an Era » | One more thing... » | My sister Valerie... » | Yesterday I fell down... » | I'm still sick. I don't seem to be getting better,... » 

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 

I love my MP3 player.

I haven't even had it for 24 hours yet, but I love it, and know that it just might be the thing that can keep me sane for the duration of my time in Korea (however long that ends up being). Seriously...it's like this painless happy, Korean-free (speaking of the language here) place. I can put in the headphones on the subway or the bus, and block out pretty much the whole world. Today in the office they were copying some Bible stories onto tapes for the students - which necessitated the volume being slightly above rock-concert-right-in-front-of-the-speakers loud and just a shade below jet-taking-off-three-feet-away-from-me loud. And Adam made a good point yesterday when he said that it is easier to block things out when you can't understand them, which is absolutely true, and basically how I live my life outside of work (and even a good portion at work, to be honest). So this Bible song and storybook (who incidentally have such famous names as Jerry Falwell, Reggie White, and Steven Curtis Chapman reading select parts in it - Reggie White was Samson, which I found funny for some reason) is cranked up super loud and it would have driven me crazy were it not for my wonderful MP3 player.

I must give all the credit for my happiness, well first to God (remember the doxology? from whom all blessings flow) and then to my sister Jen, who again, has significantly brightened my day (though in this case it's more like year or something). She found this MP3 player for me super cheap (and got one herself) then a few other necessities for me (including but not limited to bras that fit me and ranch dressing) AND (as if that weren't enough....and are you tired of parenthesis yet?) she bought a toy for both my cat and my dog. Awww. What a good sister she is! Thanks Jen! You rock my world!

I have a class starting in fifteen minutes, so I'll go now.

"Reggie White was Samson, which I found funny for some reason."

Oh I don't know Teresa. When i think of Samson, I can only think of Reggie White. Especially, in the Green Bay jersey.

I love mine too. I just got one a few weeks ago and I keep it with me all the time.

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health