« Home | I love my MP3 player. » | For whatever reason, cover letters terrify me. The... » | The little things I miss (at least the ones I coul... » | Elegant. Theological. What else could you want in ... » | This is shaved Claude.A better picture, shows his... » | FYI... » | The End of an Era » | One more thing... » | My sister Valerie... » | Yesterday I fell down... » 

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 

I'm appalled at how long it has been since I last posted. It's just that life here actually got entertaining and busy and all-around good. Nice to hear that, huh?

My job, which I was quitting...I don't think I'm quitting it anymore. I'm convinced that some of the major reasons why I was quitting have changed, but Adam (my coworker and friend) says that he thinks it is me that has changed. Either way, change is good. I'm just making sure they'll still have me...so I'll let you know how it goes.

Ohh...I never did post the results of the allergy test from oh-so long ago, did I? Well, the verdict (drumrolll someone, please) - I'm allergic to dust (housedust was the precise wording on the paper they gave me - AND when I did spellcheck, blogger thought the word "housedust" should be replaced with "aquaduct" weird) and cats. I'm way more allergic to dust than cats (and by "way" I mean I scored 3 out of 6 on dust, and 2 out of 6 on cats, so "way" is an exaggeration, but it's only to make myself feel better) and I'm doing quite well health-wise right now. I'm sure this has to do with the coinciding departure of the yellow dust as well as the departure of my poor cat's fur.

On a teaching note, I will share with you that on Monday one of my kindergarten students read something for the first time. She didn't know the entire alphabet when we first met about three months ago, and then on Monday she was able to read "fat," "cat," and "pat." I'm half-mocking myself because I feel silly for feeling so happy and proud because of it, but all use of humor as a defense mechanism aside, it was a really awesome moment. Of course, she was in a class of about eight kids, and one of only three that managed to understand what I was saying and combine the letter sounds. Three of the others were more interested in the contents of the air (there was a fly buzzing around) or their noses. Two were doodling. But...you know..you do what you can.

I'm off to finish putting together my preparations for class today. I'll do my best to be a better blogger!

"I'm appalled at how long it has been since I last posted"

Yeah, you and me both, sister. Get on the ball! :) I'm glad things are working out, though. Love you!

I've missed your blogs! Yippee that your job is working out and you're feeling better. Love, GA mom

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health