« Home | Create your own friendquiz here » | Quote from "The Good Good Pig" » | I can now say that I know what it's like to be on ... » | I got less than four hours of sleep last night.Got... » | My Realization » | No Cause for Alarm... » | I do not like Korean food » | My Best Friend » | My sister and I are getting ready to go spend the ... » | Saying Goodbye... » 

Sunday, September 24, 2006 

The door to my new apartment is a bit wonky. It's got the number code that unlocks the door, but it locks back funny. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it sounds like it has locked, but it hasn't. Sometimes it locks before the door gets closed. It's confusing, and I thought I understood the problems it had. But I was wrong.

After a night so horrible it deserves a blog of its own, I arrived home around 2:30 AM. I had planned on spending the night out, and had told my roommate as much. So she had flipped the switch that makes it impossible to unlock the door from outside. So I had to wake up my poor roommate. Anyway, came in, and shut the door (or so I thought). This morning I found out that I had not, actually, closed the door. It had made the normal "I'm locked and all is well" sound, but the door was not shut. So when my roommate woke up this morning, she saw that the door was open, and realized also that my cat was gone. She was just getting dressed to go look for him when he came back, considerably traumatized. He has spent the time since then burrowing under various blankets in the house. Poor guy. His little kitty instincts tell him to venture out into the wild, and it looks appealing from the patio window he spends most of his time looking out. But when he gets out there, he remembers that all his experiences with the outside have been overwhelmingly traumatizing (neutered/declawed, shaved, various vet visits).

I can identify. My evening last night was bad due to a whole series of events that can, in a very strange way, parallel my cat's experience. Interestingly enough, I've spent most of the time since arriving home at 2:30 AM burrowed under my own blanket. We aren't too different, me and this cat - in our coping mechanisms. We are extremely different in a whole variety of ways, for those of you prepared to offer sarcastic responses to that comment.

I'm going to repeat a comment I made earlier in the week, as applicable now as it was then, but for different reasons: I am in a positively rancid mood.

'Rancid' is a very descriptive word....anything like kimche? Hiding under the covers is kind of like cabbage fermenting...did you come out from under the blankets better (as the koreans think of the food) or nasty like you think it tastes? Can't wait to hear why the day was awful AND so late. Remember, nothing good is open after midnight.. :) love,GA mom

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health