« Home | My Best Friend » | My sister and I are getting ready to go spend the ... » | Saying Goodbye... » | As if my day could get any better!!! » | Okay, so I'm here!I just took a shower (for the fi... » | Okay, so I moved. It was an unbelievably long nigh... » | Only 2 days to go! » | Survey, courtesy of Val » | This is why my sisters call me Grumpy » | Happy 2 year anniversary to me » 

Thursday, September 14, 2006 

I do not like Korean food

There...I said it.

Do you have any idea how long it has taken me to be able to say that? (How long have I been in this country? So about a year and 9 months.) It was such a pride thing...as if admitting it meant I was less spiritual, less cool, less travel-savvy.

But we had a teacher's meeting last night and went out to eat afterwards. There were some things I liked, but overall, I abstained from most of the food. And don't get the wrong idea... there's quite a few Korean dishes I like. But overall, it's really not my favorite food (to say the least).

And I had another realization, but if I share it now it will be out of order. I first have to blog about my journey back to this side of the world. After that blog, I can share my latest realization. But trust me, it's worth waiting for. It's a good one.

Today is my first day teaching since I've been back. I'm glad to have something to do, though I spent the past two days since coming back trying to conquer jet-lag. When I wasn't sleeping though, I was trying hard to think of all the reasons I came back...and not having an excessive lot of luck doing so. Last night was the first good night of sleep I had, so here's hoping I don't glaze over and start swaying with exhaustion and time-zone confusion in the middle of the day.

Anyway, gotta go catch the bus to the kindergarten. I'll try to blog again either this afternoon or tonight. Night!

Well, there goes my plan of asking you to join in a business venture back in the states. And it would have been such a good Korean restaurant too!

What?!? I thought you LOVED Korean food! I mean, all the raw fish, kimchee and anything fermented you could possible even imagine eating? Come on...live a little...

Chocolate squid is out eh? Well, we'll come up with something else to market. How about Barbie Kew - squid with a southern kick?

NeiL

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health