« Home | Saying Goodbye... » | As if my day could get any better!!! » | Okay, so I'm here!I just took a shower (for the fi... » | Okay, so I moved. It was an unbelievably long nigh... » | Only 2 days to go! » | Survey, courtesy of Val » | This is why my sisters call me Grumpy » | Happy 2 year anniversary to me » | Stuff On My Cat » | Today has been a very weird day for me. I think it... » 

Thursday, September 07, 2006 

My sister and I are getting ready to go spend the morning, or at least a hefty chunk of the morning, with my dad and Phyllis. In preparation for this event, I have taken a literal chill pill and am loading up on the good diet coke (fountain drink). It has more potential to be icky than usual, because of money.

And that brings me to my stupid moment to trump all stupid moments. When I went and bought US currency before leaving Korea, I got brand new bills. Brand new bills stick together. That's right. That's the only thing I can think happened. And it's not one of those, "Where did all my money go????" It's, "Okay, I know I've done a heap of shopping and eating out, but there is still at least $100 unaccounted for." And of course I have money in my account in Korea, I just access it from here. So I'm going to borrow some money from my Dad and wire him the money back when I get back to Korea. Makes me feel stupid and irresponsible. It's an icky feeling.

In other news, I started reading the book "Marley and Me," which I got from WalMart before I went down to Orlando. I put it down at first, because I realize the ending of most books involving dogs is that the dog dies. But last night I was overcome...missing my Wubby (Daive, for you that don't know). So I started reading this book. It is HILARIOUS. I think Beth (in Korea) with appreciate it about as much as I do. It's funny because I got a Larry the Cable Guy book in the Orlando airport, because I wanted something light-hearted as I was most sad about leaving Bethany. The Larry the Cable Guy book is not at all funny, but this dog book...I was reading it, and just howling out loud with laughter. I tried reading some parts out loud to my sister, but it was one of those "You had to be there" things.

Okay, I'm gonna go now. By the way, the cartoon "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends" is like THE most hilarious cartoon ever. I watched it with Jen and Cam and all of them, and I've spent the time since then quoting this one character with Cameron. Our particular favorites are, "I like chocolate milk!" and "I like cereal." You'd have to see the cartoon to really understand. Anyway, that's all.

I think I know how you feel with the dad thing. It's like when I moved to Atlanta (yeah, I talk about this too much) into this crappy apartment with no washing machine and we had to bring our laundry home to wash it, and I was thinking that I wished he could have seen me for the last 4 years, being all independent, living in a nice community in a nice apartment and just making it on our own. It feels like I haven't accomplished anything during times like that, even if it is silly to feel that way.

A postscript to this...we actually had a pretty good time. Everyone was very well behaved, and then we bought shoes. You can't go wrong buying shoes!

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health