« Home | My sister and I are getting ready to go spend the ... » | Saying Goodbye... » | As if my day could get any better!!! » | Okay, so I'm here!I just took a shower (for the fi... » | Okay, so I moved. It was an unbelievably long nigh... » | Only 2 days to go! » | Survey, courtesy of Val » | This is why my sisters call me Grumpy » | Happy 2 year anniversary to me » | Stuff On My Cat » 

Thursday, September 07, 2006 

My Best Friend




It's easy to think pictures like these are cheesy or lame when it's not you and your best friend in them. And that's just it. Bethany is my best friend. And even though the above three pictures are only slightly different, each one is exceptionally precious to me. They capture a moment of time, the very brief time that we got to spend together, and as such, are extremely important and special to me.

It's crazy how things were so...normal. They were much like I hadn't been gone at all, let alone gone for two years. We rode in the car, driving from Orlando to Jacksonville and back, sometimes talking, sometimes not. And it was very good. We laughed until we cried, about stuff that would sound ridiculously stupid if I tried to explain it. And it was even better. We got pedicures together, watched movies together, ate together, and shopped together. The best part of it all? Not the pedicure (though my toes do look great), or the movies, the shopping, or even the food. The best part was the together part.

Seriously though, when she dropped me off at the airport, it was torture. I'm not trying to be dramatic or anything, but it was actually quite unpleasant. And I have yet another airport scene awaiting me. I hate goodbyes.

While I'm on the topic of friends though, I had the same "never been gone" experience with Neil and Mike Smith. It's a statement of the exceptional kind of guys they are and the kind of friendship I have with each of them. So allow me to echo what I already said - the thing that is going to make it the most difficult to leave isn't what I thought I had been missing the most. It's the people. It's the together parts.

And tomorrow I get to see Haley - something I had to keep as only tenative in my mind, since she is driving down all the way from Birmingham just for me. That's why I didn't mention it as a reunion time - I was trying not to get my hopes up in case something happened and she couldn't come. But in less than 12 hours, she should be here! I am excessively excited to see her, and her dog Lottie. Lottie and Daive were best friends. I only wish Daive could take part in the reunion fun. We're going to stay at a hotel on/near the beach in Destin. It should be a great time - not to mention allow me the opportunity to get some good beach pics before I go back. Anyway, I'm exhausted. I'm gonna go to bed now. Night all.

No way are those pictures cheesy! There great--I love them! So good to match a face to a name. Miss you...
beth

You have the most wonderful smile!! Wish I could have my picture with you too. Wish I could hug your neck!! Love,GA mom

I love the pics. I love you, and I miss you. i have to say though, the first one of me is pretty horrific!

-Bethany

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health