« Home | My niece and nephew » | Vacation Pictures » | GA Mom, you were right... » | The door to my new apartment is a bit wonky. It's ... » | Create your own friendquiz here » | Quote from "The Good Good Pig" » | I can now say that I know what it's like to be on ... » | I got less than four hours of sleep last night.Got... » | My Realization » | No Cause for Alarm... » 

Thursday, September 28, 2006 

Haley, Lottie, and Destin

I got to see my dear and wonderful friend Haley, also for far too little time. She drove down from Birmingham with her dog Lottie (who was Daive's best friend), picked me up in Pensacola, and we went to Destin for a night. We stayed at a hotel there, and had every intention of sneaking Lottie onto the beach with us. It never quite worked out, except when we walked onto the beach around 9 PM when it was still sprinkling. It was a bit disorienting, actually, since I had left my glasses in the car since it was raining (and w/o my glasses I have slight double vision).

Anyway, here is Lottie via the side mirror on Haley's car.
I love this action shot of Lottie. There was this huge sand pit behind our hotel,
and Lottie was able to run here. I absolutley LOVE this picture. We ate at Fudpucker's. Their slogan is "Ya ain't been pucked till ya been fudpucked." I know it's juvenille, but it still makes me laugh. Anyway, it was an awesome restaurant, and I was able to get a few souveniers from there so I can't ever forget it. It was overwhelmingly tacky, but like Haley and I said, both people, buildings, and businesses can get away with stuff if you're on/near the beach that wouldn't work anywhere else.

Point in case: below is the picture of the restaurant. Tacky, busy, and
generally an eyesore. Yet at the same time, THE perfect beach
restaurant. And their fried pickles were inexpressibly delicious.

There's a restaurant called Fuddruckers that we used to go to all the time in California. We were happy when we found out that there are a few in Atlanta as well. When the restaurant started off, it was called "Mother Fuddruckers." Nice, huh?

There's a Fuddruckers in Panama City or PC Beach...I'm pretty sure I ate there once. It is funny, but I'm pretty sure me thinking that says something about my maturity level. Ah well.

Nah, with names like that, they're asking for it.

that is an awesome pic of Lottie

Haha I've been MIA for a few weeks and I come back to scary pictures of me, and cute ones of my dog. What's sad is that I have that UAB shirt on right now!

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health