« Home | A Perfect Sunday » | I was supposed to meet my counselor at Starbuck's ... » | flowers of death, frogs, and other misc. thoughts ... » | Fall Into... » | I love Zydeco » | Just a tiny peek in the direction my thoughts are ... » | Trash Day » | My Roommate Rocks » | Furniture! » | Common Sense for Dummies??? » 

Friday, October 27, 2006 

All I know is that if that was the heater that just kicked on, I'm walking out of this job.

What in the world could inspire Korean people to think that hot equals healthy????

Beth had her baby this morning around 4 AM. I went up to the hospital and spent about two hours there, just chatting with her and holding the baby. I'm not sure how this worked out, but Addison (and I love the name, by the way) is the first newborn baby I've ever held. He's precious, adorable, and perfect.

MyungHo (the guy I'm seeing) and I are having some communication problems. This isn't really a new thing. It it weren't for his electronic dictionary, we would have few conversations. But the communication issue is actually a bit of a problem now. So I went to bed feeling a little frustrated last night. And right away, I dreamt that I was dating a gorilla. (And for the record, I'm SO not making this up. This is too ridiculous to even consider making up.) The gorilla kept on calling me on my cell phone. I remember clearly that the little phone book icon for the gorilla was a...well, a gorilla. And so, in my dream, I would look at my cell phone, and see this number and a little gorilla face. I'd sigh, and answer the phone. Then I'd hear lots of semi-furious primate-type hooting and grunting. I never really knew what was going on, but I knew something wasn't right. The gorilla was definitely not happy. When I woke up as Lis was going to Adam and Beth's to watch the kids while they went to the hospital, I thought about the dream and chuckled to myself. But now as I think about it, I actually think out of the two of us, I'm the one doing the hooting and grunting, managing to show my displeasure but not actually communicate anything.

Bah.

I think the next month could hold some major changes for me. Here's hoping.

Come to think of it, I've never held a newborn baby. But then, I don't have any younger relatives, and I generally shy away from contact with little kids because I'm afraid of hurting them or polluting them with my sarcasm. It's contagious, you know.

Wow, that communication thing must be difficult. It's hard enough for couples who speak the same language. Though the gorilla thing brings up a great mental image.

Didn't you hold Cam when he was born? I distinctly remember you being at the hospital...and the sausage biscuits you, Val, and Anna brought that I couldn't have. LOL Funny what sticks and what doesn't, huh?

haha...too funny. Way funny. Laughing my guts out funny.

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health