« Home | Fall Into... » | I love Zydeco » | Just a tiny peek in the direction my thoughts are ... » | Trash Day » | My Roommate Rocks » | Furniture! » | Common Sense for Dummies??? » | I am Southern, but not Southern, you know? I don't... » | Korean mosquitoes have to be some of the least con... » | Roosters and Shopping Bags » 

Thursday, October 19, 2006 

flowers of death, frogs, and other misc. thoughts from my head

Remember the guy I mentioned about a week ago? Said we had broken up? Well, we're not broken up anymore. And to be perfectly honest, I don't really want to talk about it. I don't entirely understand what's going on, but I know that (contrary to most reason) God is using this. I also know that I'm enjoying myself in many sin-free ways.

I only told you that to tell you this. There's a flower store right across the street from the kindergarten building. Last week, on a whim, I went in there and bought some flowers for my guy. It was an impulse buy, and so it was just kind of, "Umm....those. I think they're pretty." (Not really..it was a bit of Korean, but I'm just trying to convey the idea. You understand.) The point is that I didn't put an excessive amount of thought into the flowers. I just picked the ones I thought looked the happiest. Those happened to be white daisies (white also being an innocent color States-side), with green centers. Some of the daisies had a green tint. They were cheery. Anyway, I gave the flowers to him....only for him to actually break down and tell me the next day that white flowers are only given in Korea when someone has died or at a funeral. He was unhappy to tell me, but wisely thought it was something I would be better off knowing than not knowing. I felt sheepish (I think dumb and/or stupid is probably a better word, but I'm trying to be kind to myself). Now I already think it's kinda funny though.

There's always those things that just come out of nowhere, even after being here the better part of a year and 10 months. Then there's things that you think are familiar but aren't. Like just now, it occured to me that it was strange for my Korean neighbors to be blasting bluegrass music this late at night. Do note it was the lateness of the hour and the presence of any music that struck me as odd, not the bluegrass music. I listened for a little bit, then finally got up and put my wall to the ear before I realized it was actually some weird sound trick/echo coming from the fan that's on in my room. (And for the three of you that know who my Korean neighbors are here, I expect you'll probably find it nearly as funny as I did to think of them listening to bluegrass music.)

I'm kinda tired and loopy right now. Lis and I had a talk tonight about who would watch Beth and Adam's kids when Beth goes into labor. We know we're both on call, but thought it would be good to have some kind of plan for who goes so there's not any last-minute time-wasting going on when the baby's ready to come out (and it should be any day now...Lord knows Beth is hoping for sooner days than later days). I said we should do odd/even days, and then I took the odd days, because I'm odd. And while I'm on that note, tonight at dinner Lis said, "I forgot about this creepy dream I had," but I would have sworn on a few items of interest that she said, "I forgot about this creature on my hand." I was about ready to jump up and start running away from the table...which is stupid for too many reasons to even consider. Why would she have a creature on her hand? How could she have forgotten about it? And it's doubtful that any creature that's innocent enough to be forgettable would really pose enough of a threat that I'd need to run from it. Unless it was a frog. I hate frogs...due mostly to my sister Valerie. She ruined me one summer night by catching a tree frog and tossing it in my direction (near the pool at Blanding Place apartments...I remember every sordid detail, so you can't get out of this one, Miss *$!%*#-on-the-coat). Of course she couldn't foresee that the evil little suction-toed thing would attach itself to my forehead (which by then was already the bane of my existence, earning me the nickname of "Klingon," a word I had to Google to make sure I spelled it correctly). I've gotten far from the point. Anyway, the frog stayed stuck to my FACE (in the forehead region) for long enough to traumatize me severely. I hate frogs.

That really is all. Sorry for how random this is.

Ok, I KNOW you're lying because I never would have touched a frog, not even in a scooping gesture. Nope. Can't convince me otherwise. Just as you are utterly convinced that I put the boogar on your coat, I am utterly convinced that I never threw a tree frog on your head. Nope.

I read this blog five minute ago and still haven't stopped laughing. Maybe it's because I've been cooped in the house going on three days and anything other than staring at myself in the mirror is funny to me now. Or maybe because you are a DARN FUNNY GIRL. Yup, that's it, your funny.

-B

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health