« Home | I am Southern, but not Southern, you know? I don't... » | Korean mosquitoes have to be some of the least con... » | Roosters and Shopping Bags » | Prowling cats, nyquil, and diet coke » | I haven't exactly been myself lately... » | Ansung Vineyard » | ChoonChan City and Dam » | More Haley and Destin pictures » | Haley, Lottie, and Destin » | My niece and nephew » 

Saturday, October 14, 2006 

Common Sense for Dummies???

Imagine the scene...sitting around the office. Lis and I are casually discussing something, and one of us mentions somethinig about common sense. Upon hearing this, a Korean worker whose lack of common sense has caused (and continues to cause in a most regular and ongoing way) quite a bit of vexation, frustration, and is a daily reminder that a day without sin (referring to my sin in response to her well-meaning lack of common sense) does not happen on this side of heaven, pipes up and says, "How do you learn about common sense?" The question alone wasn't funny, but that it was coming from this particular person made me a little giggly on the inside. I don't even remember how Lis and I responded, but this person went on to ask, "Is there a book?" Or maybe it was said like this, "In Korea, we have a book." At this point, almost everything inside of me is suffering from massive twitching because...really...SUCH an easy target! So many things to say! And even if I weren't a sarcastic and rude person...it was still just funny. The conversation actually continued, though I couldn't actually look at Lis throughout the entire thing, because I knew eye contact with her would have crumbled the last feeble defenses I had, and I would have started howling with uncontrollable and hysterical laughter.

And you know, even as I type this, I am realizing a few things:
1) It doesn't sound funny.
2) I sound really mean.

And my response? 1) Yeah, so maybe you had to be there...too bad you weren't there actually, cause it was quite hilarious. And it's brightened my day by simply typing it out here. As for 2, I don't think I'm mean. I'm sarcastic, to be sure...but it is the history I have with this person that brings out the more caustic side of it.

I wonder if "The Research Institute" would have a book on "Common Sense?" You know, the same one who's found out things like, Why slapping your belly is good excercise, or the "correct" why to brush your teeth?

By the way, you are NOT mean, just perfectly honest and great with a good story!! :)

You know, come to think of it, I bet The Research Institute (obviously a proper noun, based on the importance given to this non-named entity by our Korean acquaintances) probably even PUBLISHED the book on common sense. It would make sense... or maybe not.

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health