« Home | Common Sense for Dummies??? » | I am Southern, but not Southern, you know? I don't... » | Korean mosquitoes have to be some of the least con... » | Roosters and Shopping Bags » | Prowling cats, nyquil, and diet coke » | I haven't exactly been myself lately... » | Ansung Vineyard » | ChoonChan City and Dam » | More Haley and Destin pictures » | Haley, Lottie, and Destin » 

Saturday, October 14, 2006 

Furniture!

Thursday afternoon we had a sofa...

Wait, wait. Sorry for the interruption. A car outside my apartment just started honking his horn. And by "honking," I mean, "possibly fell asleep while laying directly on top of it." It was long enough that, as I was typing the above sentence, I stopped to count (the old 1-Mississippi, 2-Mississippi way). Now remember, I already started mid-blare, and I made it to 12-Mississippi! There was easily six or seven Mississippis before I started counting. I understand that the point of a horn is to generally make your presence known and to express displeasure and/or anger and/or rage (though that last one seems quite rare here in Korea). But laying on the horn for 20 seconds straight??? That's just obnoxious. Anyway, as I was saying...

delivered. Not just a sofa though...also a closet (clothes hung up?! What a concept!) and a bookcase. So now our apartment actually feels like a home. I think up to this point it's been kind of like a guesthouse that we were temporarily living in (wait...but that's kinda what it is anyway). But now it feels like *our* home. And that's nice. Doubly nice is that I unpacked all my winter clothes. It's not winter here yet, but I can wear long sleeved shirts with push up-able sleeves during the day...and actually use the sleeves down in the mornings and evenings. Such a far cry from Florida, where I'm quite certain when I left in 2004, my warmest piece of clothing was my FBTC sweatshirt. It's quite nice and homey here now...if you're ever in the neighborhood, you should stop by. :)

Thanks for the open invitation! I would love to stop by...can I bring anything? :) GA mom

I LOVE your apartment now! So homey and comfortable!

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health