« Home | Korean mosquitoes have to be some of the least con... » | Roosters and Shopping Bags » | Prowling cats, nyquil, and diet coke » | I haven't exactly been myself lately... » | Ansung Vineyard » | ChoonChan City and Dam » | More Haley and Destin pictures » | Haley, Lottie, and Destin » | My niece and nephew » | Vacation Pictures » 

Tuesday, October 10, 2006 

I am Southern, but not Southern, you know? I don't have a glaring accent, except when I say words such as "rural," "yall," or (the worst) "boiled peanuts." But then sometimes, things just pop out. Like tonight, when my roommate commented about how she can't taste the taste of spicy food through the spiciness. To which I replied, "I don't think I..." and then I just kinda fell silent, because I was actually, in a real live conversation, going to use the expression "ustacould." How does something like that happen? And in looking up the correct (or at least most widely accepted) spelling for "ustacould," I found a website promoting the awareness of "yallbonics" - the phrase made me crack up laughing.

But seriously...ustacould?

"Yallbonics"?! Too funny!

I have to admit, it took me several seconds and I even had to say "ustacould" out loud before I knew what you were talking about :)

I was working with one of my students over the summer and she kept playing the wrong note. I leaned over and actually touched the button she had to push and said, "Mash THIS one, guys, THIS one." I was immediately aghast...mash? I was channeling Grandma!

"Guess I'm fixin' to carry my mama to the store..then reckon we'll sit a spell and have a word with you'ns".... :) GA mom (now that's 'sutern')

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health