« Home | Stop the world.Harry Connick, Jr. has a new Christ... » | All I know is that if that was the heater that jus... » | A Perfect Sunday » | I was supposed to meet my counselor at Starbuck's ... » | flowers of death, frogs, and other misc. thoughts ... » | Fall Into... » | I love Zydeco » | Just a tiny peek in the direction my thoughts are ... » | Trash Day » | My Roommate Rocks » 

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 

Time for a change...

It's like I get this build-up of...something. I dunno what. Stress, pressure, emotional something-or-other, and I suddenly require some kind of change. If I were in the States, I might go for some kind of tattoo, current tattoo modification, or discreet piercing. Since tattooing is illegal in Korea, and I have no desire to get a piercing right now, I'm going to go get my hair cut. It's due for a trim anyway, but I don't know that I'm going to get it cut in the same style as before. The thing is, when hair is as short as mine is, the options for changing the style are limited, but what options there are, seem to be kind of dramatic options, if that makes any sense.

Lis is going with me, which I think is a very good thing. I'm toying with the idea of changing the color or getting some kind of highlights, and her being there will hopefully keep me in the "Hello I do have a real life and a real job where it would be a good thing if I looked like an adult and not some angst-ridden teenager" state of mind.

Anyway, I'll let you know how it goes. I would promise a picture, but I only use lithium batteries and I have not been able to find them. Scratch that. I have found TWO, but my camera requires FOUR. There was a small convenient store near my old apartment that used to sell them, but now, here on this side of town, I can't find them anywhere. So I'm camera-less for awhile, until I can find two more.

Huh. My emotional build-ups usually result in some new pet. Thus the two dogs, three cats, and a bird. But one of the cats (the one you knew, Savannah) just ran away (or something). And the vet still says Dakota is dying (she's been telling me that for almost a year now. I'm starting to get the feeling that Dakota is dying in the same way all of us are dying). And I tell myself that I'm going to let natural pet attritian (atrician? can you spell check this thing? Dying off!) take it's course and eventually we'll have a not freaky amount of animals. I mean, a dog, two cats, and a bird isn't an insane amount of pets, right? But I know that something will happen (the bird is post-Katrina how-can-this-happen-in-our-country stress) and I'll NEED another animal. Do you think if I posed it to my husband that at least I don't get the urges to get a piercing at these moments, he'll accept my pet compulsion better?
Well, happy hair cutting/dying...

-Mary

I used to dye my hair constantly in college. If I needed a change, I'd just go get some new hair dye from Walmart. Oh, self-dye jobs. Not always quality.

I've never actually desired a tattoo. For one, I've never found a design that I'd want on me forever. Considering how my love for stars and frogs has diminished over the years, I'm glad I never braved the needle.

Hope the hair turned out well. I need to find a hair stylist here in Atlanta. I've been looking around at other people's hair, trying to find someone who has great hair so I can find out who they go to, but I haven't noticed anyone whose hair I actually like. Weird, huh?

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health