« Home | I'll be home for Christmas... » | Time for a change... » | Stop the world.Harry Connick, Jr. has a new Christ... » | All I know is that if that was the heater that jus... » | A Perfect Sunday » | I was supposed to meet my counselor at Starbuck's ... » | flowers of death, frogs, and other misc. thoughts ... » | Fall Into... » | I love Zydeco » | Just a tiny peek in the direction my thoughts are ... » 

Tuesday, November 07, 2006 

There are two printers in our office. To say that they both work sporadically is an understatement. They work when (or rather IF) they feel so inclined, and the times they don't mind working are usually the times when the need to print is at the lowest possible level of urgency. Or to say it in a remarkably less complicated way, when it's MOST important, you can almost bet your booties they won't print.

I realized today that a lot of interesting things have happened that I never blogged about. I never mentioned getting a case of 15 cans of Spam from my job as a Chuseok (Korean thanksgiving) present. (I then re-gifted the Spam - giving it to a student I tutor for him to give to his mother.) I never mentioned the ballet I went to about a week ago with Lis and one of the Korean teachers. (It was a performance by students of this national university of the arts here, and the Korean teacher's daughter was in the performance.) I also failed to mention how the taxi driver Lis and I had on the way back from said performance told me I looked like a scholar. Of course he didn't use the word in English. He just kept on repeating the Korean word over and over again, until he finally said "Edison, Einstein!" and I was able to understand the general gist of what he was trying to say. He then told Lis she looked like Miss Universe. I also didn't mention that my apartment is already decorated for Christmas. Or that I went to a Korean amusement park (mini-park, by American standards) around the beginning of October. Or that one of the signs on a ride at the mini-amusement park said "No drunken expectant mothers allowed." Of course I understand what they were *trying* to say, but I still think it's hilarious.

Anyway, that's about all I got for now. I'm going to see a movie tonight, because I'm doing the movie review this month for the devotional magazine. I'm actually really excited about going to see an English movie in a theater. One of the small joys. I don't do it often...less than 6 times since I've been here. I'm going to go finish some work.

Heh...booties...

Although I do agree that drunken expectant mothers shouldn't be allowed.

printers are the ulimate murphy's law...that and copiers...

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health