« Home | Time for a change... » | Stop the world.Harry Connick, Jr. has a new Christ... » | All I know is that if that was the heater that jus... » | A Perfect Sunday » | I was supposed to meet my counselor at Starbuck's ... » | flowers of death, frogs, and other misc. thoughts ... » | Fall Into... » | I love Zydeco » | Just a tiny peek in the direction my thoughts are ... » | Trash Day » 

Saturday, November 04, 2006 

I'll be home for Christmas...

Not this one. But the next one.

That's right, ladies and gentlemen. I have made a decision...a firm decision, too, I'm pretty sure. Within the next year, I plan to relocate back to the good ol' USA.

I realized something yesterday...I thought I should stay here because I can make so much more money here than I could in the States. But then in the name of "survival," I spend LOTS of money. And it truly is for survival. Eating at Outback for familiar yummy food, buying books (in English, of course), and a few other things along those lines...help me to survive here.

Then I was reading a thread on an ESL teacher's forum, and this guy said he had been in Korea for a year and was trying to decide whether he should stay another or not. I don't remember exactly what he said, but one of the people who responded said that when the reasons to leave outnumber the reasons to stay, it's time to go.

And you know what? I think they're right. God has accomplished so much in my life while I've been here. But I think it's time to go. So if anyone has ideas of how a Theology-degree holding girl whose only real job experience is a year at a vet and 2.5 years teaching ESL can get a decent-paying job, I'd love to hear it. I'm a bit overwhelmed at the thought of trying to find a job there from here. Not to mention that I am absolutely TERRIBLE at writing cover letters. So if anyone out there is good at that, I could use your help there too.

So there you have it. My days here are officially numbered. Thought you'd like to know.

Good news on an icky Saturday morning. Love you!

Good for you! Have you thought about teaching at a private religious school? You have your theology degree and you have teaching experience, why not combine the two? Then again, I have no idea what the certification process is like in Florida...

Yes, you could definitely teach at a private school. You could also look into a human-services kind of job (working with adults or kids with challenges, either one-on-one or in a group setting). In my experience (I have done both) the pay is fairly comprable. Which is to say, you won't make any money to speak of doing either. Low $20K if you're lucky. But you'd be qualified to do either and I'm sure you'd be great at either. Or there's always Starbucks...

If I could get you a job with the nonprofit I'm working for now, would you consider moving to PA? Come to think of it, maybe I'll land a teaching job in the fall and you can just have my job!

-Mary

IT'S ABOUT DARN TIME. Glad you'll be here...can't wait to see you!

-Bethany

YIPPEEE!!! Of all the people you know surely (and don't call me shirley) will have an idea about a job...keep the strong faith you've shown us all and God will lead you on!! Keep your chin up. Nothing is random!! Love, GA mom

You can get a job... You could easily teach at a private school, or even work at a vet. Alabama now offers the vet tech program while you're working in a clinic, too, if you want a career change. ;)

-Haley, Lottie, & Lola

Yay! Does that mean you might come to TX and visit me? I would love that! And don't worry about the job part...you know, all things work together for the good...yay! I am soooooooo excited! I'll go do my happy dance now! LOL!

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health