« Home | I haven't exactly been myself lately... » | Ansung Vineyard » | ChoonChan City and Dam » | More Haley and Destin pictures » | Haley, Lottie, and Destin » | My niece and nephew » | Vacation Pictures » | GA Mom, you were right... » | The door to my new apartment is a bit wonky. It's ... » | Create your own friendquiz here » 

Wednesday, October 04, 2006 

Prowling cats, nyquil, and diet coke

I got up to get some diet coke to wash down a dose of nyquil. When I poured a suitable amount into a glass, I realized if I only drank the necessary amount needed to serve as a chaser for the nyquil, I would leave about three swallows worth for my wake-up diet coke. And that just won't do. And since there's not room in our fridge to put another bottle of diet coke, I emptied the bottle into my glass and stuck a new bottle in the fridge. If we had room in our freezer for any substantial amount of ice, this wouldn't be such an issue. But we don't. And I feel bad always taking the ice, even though Lis says she doesn't use ice. Anyway, now I have to drink a bit of diet coke before I'm really ready to take the Nyquil.

Besides that, my cat can open doors. That's annoying, let me tell you. In my new apartment, our doors don't have knobs, they're the horizontal handle thingys. It's not really a problem, except for the front door. It's got one of those number pads, where you punch in the code, and it unlocks the door. But it's a bit wonky. You have to hold the door closed just right, with this exact amount of pressure (with your right eye closed and your left foot exactly 4.5 inches off the ground) for it to lock correctly. If it locks, it says something in Korean. If it doesn't lock, it beeps. Now...with that being said, every other number automatic door-locking thing I've ever met in Korea beeps when it IS locked. So for the first I-dunno-how-long that I lived here, I waited for the beeps, never realizing that the door wasn't actually locked. It was closed, and the bolt was sticking out its little hole, but it was not, in fact, locked. This wasn't a problem until one night, when my cat decided he needed to pop down to the convenience store, for what I'm assuming was either a vitamin drink or a good strong beer (he seems the type for either or both, possibly) and just used his cat smarts to open the door. Lis woke up first and found an open door, and a conspicuously cat-free apartment. I had blogged about it here, and as you can read, what I thought was the "door is locked and all is well" sound was actually the "hey stupid, close the door correctly so I can lock it" sound. Anyway, I've been in the vicinity since then twice when the cat has managed to get the front door open, and meander out onto the landing before I get there, and he runs back into the apartment, slightly terrified. I really do wonder...what does he think he wants out there?

Anyway, I've now consumed (the whole drink/drank/drunk thing still confounds me) enough diet coke that I can take Nyquil now. Night all.

I would have like to seen something with a fireplcae something that depicts a comfortable mood.
get help to lose weight

Post a Comment

Kimchi, not for me is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health